Digital marketing trends are in vogue these days. Companies only needed a website and a Facebook page earlier, but now, the digital landscape is evolving very rapidly. There are no successful businesses that don’t have an online presence. In 2020, new technologies and tools are coming up and the marketers have to adapt in order to keep their organizations afloat in the top layer.
Let us have a look at the digital marketing trends to be ready for in 2020.
FACEBOOK, NO LONGER THE KINGPIN:
* According to a survey conducted by the Forbes magazine, 41% of the Facebook users are over the age of 65. Though it is not struggling, Facebook is losing popularity with the younger demographics, as they prefer visual search over Instagram, Snapchat, and, TikTok.
* Due to the data breach scandal in 2018, Facebook has lost credibility due to fake news, political propaganda, and cyber bullying. The Facebook was a once-dominant force but is losing popularity with younger generation. It is predicted that Facebook is almost dead to Gen Z.
* Facebook is not unsuitable for some campaigns as it is spiraling downwards with younger people. Facebook is still in the market with many Americans checking it out. Marketers should be sure of whom they are trying to connect with and check whether their target audience is still on Facebook.
INSTAGRAM, A HIT WITH THE KIDS:
* Instagram has passed one billion users, an impressive achievement. It is one of the most rapidly growing social media platforms and much of its user base is under 30. Facebook is losing this sort of reputation as it is being deemed as the social media platform for "old people."
* One potential issue that marketers should keep in mind is that Instagram recently decided to remove the likes feature and many influencers have raised their voice against this move. Companies should keep a close eye on the impact this will have in 2020. Many users may drift away due to this reason and look out for vanity metrics on some other platforms.
DOMINANCE OF CHAT BOTS:
* Chat bots are artificial intelligence (AI) software that communicate with users and assist them in completing their goals. Chat bots interact with humans through text chat windows and voice search, but verbal interactions are also possible. As the system collects more data insights, the AI learns more about the customers and continuously-improving service can be offered to the customers.
* In 2018 and 2019, chat bots carved out a regular role on Facebook for different tasks like providing weather reports and automating some basic customer support functions.
* 80% of businesses want to start using chat bots this year as they provide 24-hour service, instant responses to customer queries and they don’t need breaks, vacations, or overtime pay.
* According to the Tidio research from January 2020, 43% of consumers prefer to use an online chat bot rather than to call the customer service centers. Businesses and customers are keen for involvement with chat bots and this makes them one of the fastest-growing digital marketing trends in 2020.
VIDEO MARKETING UPTREND:
* Text-based content is not able to compete with the power of streaming video ad engagement these years in the sales of products and services online.
* In this mobile dominated world, people are watching more videos using smart phones to know about brands and what they have to offer.
* About 70% of consumers have shared a brand’s video according to a survey.
* About 52% of consumers watch product videos and take their online purchasing decisions through visual shoppable posts.
* About 72% of businesses claimed that video content has improved their conversion rates.
* Live videos and live streaming are highly engaging along with influencer marketing. The new trend is having a live stream with influencers who interact directly with comments. Facebook and Quora influencer marketing have been collecting millions of views and likes recently.
EMPHASIS ON CONTENT MARKETING:
* The quality of the content is the king maker and now there's more emphasis on the context and targeting. Google is developing sophisticated understanding of online interactive content, and in 2020, marketers must think carefully about their target market regarding the content.
* BERT update was released on Google in November 2019. The new algorithm gives a better understanding of the natural language in user search queries. Rather than latest SEO trends, it’s more important to ensure that a site has fast speeds, useful links, and well-written content.
* Preference must be given to in-depth and accurate content that is closely aligned with user intent.
OMNI CHANNEL MARKETING IS A MUST:
* Omni channel marketing includes marketing through email, apps, social media, and the website blogs. This helps businesses to connect with customers on more digital touch points.
* Omni channel marketing has three times more engagement than a single-channel approach. Customer retention, average order value, and purchase frequency are higher in this technique.
* Companies can use data insights and machine learning to get a better understanding of customer behaviors and can personalize them.
VITALITY OF SOCIAL MESSAGING APPS:
* Social messaging apps like Facebook Messenger and WhatsApp have garnered the interest of businesses in recent times.
* About 1.3 billion monthly users are active on Facebook Messenger and more than 10 billion messages are sent every month.
* WhatsApp has 1.6 billion active users and the users are sending over 55 billion messages every day.
* In the next 5-7 years, messenger conversational marketing is expected to be the number one marketing channel in the world. It’s high time for all the brands to start connecting with people on these platforms. According to a survey, marketing through Facebook Messenger generates 10 to 80 times more engagement.
* Messaging apps have broad set of audience and 63% of online consumers prefer websites with live chat options.
* In 2020, marketing in messaging apps including video and interactive content to engage users is going to be the primary target for the digital marketers.
EIS is the one stop solution for all your digital marketing requirements and necessities. According to the specifications of the client, we modify our strategies and approach. We lay the foundation to nurture your business and make sure that it grows abundantly in the digital space! Contact us for messaging services and digital commerce services as well to bring your content into the real world.
QUESTION AND ANSWER SECTION:
1)What are the digital marketing trends for 2020?
In 2020, artificial intelligence, data driven marketing and voice search engine optimization are the innovative digital marketing trends.
2)What are the latest trends in digital marketing?
Programmatic advertising, micro moments, SEO A/B split testing, augmented reality and predictive analytics are the latest trends in digital marketing.
3)Why is 2020 digital marketing important?
A targeted approach to marketing, improvement of brand awareness, incredible returns on investment, accessibility to the customers, competitive advantage and non linear marketing approach are the key segments that all business are focusing on and this is the year to adapt the tried and tested philosophies.
4)How do you stand out in digital marketing?
The four top tricks to try to stand out in digital marketing are:
Emphasis on the ability to tell a story
Demonstrating flexibility and willingness to adapt
Know when the technology is a answer and when it’s not
Role of self promotion
5)What is the future of digital marketing?
Digital marketing is the paradox of AI; everything is voice powered, social media is taking over the world, micro influencer marketing is increasing, augmented reality has become the common place and everyone is going back to basics with employee activation.